2 lbs. white sweet potatoes (batata), peeled and cut
1 large banana, peeled and cut in 1 inch pieces
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup seedless raisins
1 tsp grated ginger
1/4 tspn salt
12 oz evaporated milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Rind of 1 lemon, grated
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
3 tsp butter
1/2 cup of Crisco shortening (I only used 1/4)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut the sweet potatoes into 1 in cubes then grate them using a blender.
3. Place them into a mixing bowl. Peel and mash the banana into the sweet potatoes.
4. Add the remaining ingredients. Mixed all until well blended.
5. Transfer onto a pot and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with a spoon for about 30-35 minutes until brown.
6. Place in a baking pan and bake for 1.5 hours or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean