– In a 3 quart non-stick pot, add all ingredients (except food coloring and cocoa power) and cook on medium heat until sugar dissolves while constantly stirring.
– Once sugar dissolves, raise heat to high and continue stirring for 20 – 25 min or until mix has a lava consistency. If you have a candy thermometer it will be around 115 °C/ 239 °F
– Remove the pot off the heat and continue stirring for another 10-15 min. The mix will start to lose its shinny color as it cools.
– * OPTIONAL – If you want to make the signature stripes, take half the mix and separate the half into 2 containers. Add 2 drops of food coloring in the first and a 1/4 tsp of coca powder in the second. Mix the thoroughly. *
– Place wax paper in the mini loaf pans and fill it with the mix.
– Allow the mix to cool and harden for about an hour.
– Remove the mix from the pan and slice vertically.
– Store in a cool place.